Volunteering with the Friends of Sun Rising
An aspect of the work of the Friends of Sun Rising is to support the ongoing aims of Nature Reserve Burial Grounds in creating a place of true peace at Sun Rising, with long term security and sustainability, both as a nature reserve and burial ground.
Whether as a subscribing friend or not, there are always opportunities to volunteer at Sun Rising. On site, these include
- filling the birdfeeders,
- hay raking when the wildflower meadow is cut,
- tree planting,
- helping at Nature Watch days and other surveys
- contributing to the tea stall or
- serving tea at Open Days and other events.
The photo to the right is of the volunteers who gathered the hay in Septmeber 2012, a wonderful day of soft sunshine, mugs of tea, laughter and choc ices, I seem to recall!
Away from Sun Rising, enjoyable opportunities to help include
- ensuring there are plenty of Sun Rising leaflets where you feel they would be appropriate, such as your local funeral directors, perhaps the surgery or CAB, health food shop or natural therapy centre, a hospice or church community with which you are involved.
- Perhaps your local WI or other community group would be interested in having someone come to give a talk about Sun Rising.